I’m refraining from saying “jeepers creepers,” at least for now. This cool little bird, a Brown Creeper, Certhia americana, - on the Sugar Maple tree in our yard today - was doing less creeping and more hopping and tumbling, Chickadee fashion, than I’ve observed a Creeper do in the past. Peeking under the bark for food.
As you can see - or not - a Brown Creeper is quite well camouflaged against the bark of a tree.



5 comments:
These are some really nice shots. It's been years since I've seen a Brown Creeper here.
...I saw my first creeper of the season at Caesar Creek State Park on Saturday. I love these little birds, and your photos are fantastic. I've never been able to capture a good photo of one...
I only see a Brown Creeper once or twice a year, here in the yard. I assume because it's just a 1/4 acre oasis in the suburbs, we have a better chance of seeing the visitors, as opposed to your woodland areas. And I'm not a "birder" yet, so I'm not out looking for them elsewhere, though I'd love to.
Thanks again! both of you.
I, too, am jealous of your shots of the Brown Creeper. I spotted one in our woods for the first time last winter, and haven't had very many sightings since then. They're pretty fast movers! (Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm always delighted to meet other Ohio bloggers!)
Treecreepers are notoriously difficult to photograph over here (UK) but you have done a superb job. Well done Susanna.
Cheers FAB.
Post a Comment